So many in our world are dealing with problems brought on by addictions of one form or another. Some of this is because of injuries which cause the addiction to pain killers or alcohol. Some of it is brought on by depression and thoughts of suicide, like my thoughts and problems. There are so many parts of our lives which are exposed to scrutiny on the Internet by social media or by hacked records being released until there is very little privacy anymore. Which causes a whole new set of anxiety to deal with daily.
Unless, you are very careful with your information and even then it may not be enough. So, does anyone care about any of this? Some do, many more do not. Do you have any REAL friends or are most of them on Facebook? I consider my friends on Facebook to be my friends because most of them are people who I went to school with or rode on the bus with to get to school. High school was almost forty years ago and we have all been separated by life and distance, but those who graduated with me, I still consider my friends. Even if we weren’t close in school.
Today, our addictions and other problems help us to deal with today’s stress levels. Then, sometimes those addictions tend to make the stress levels worse or they make our lives worse in one way or another. But, we all have problems in this life to one extent or another. Whether it has to do with finances or jobs or faith, our problems tend to grow into bigger problems at one point or another. Sometimes, faith or religion can be a help in whatever situation we find ourselves in, but occasionally it can make some problems worse.
I am not trying to make it seem that faith in God or Allah or whoever it may be that you place your faith in will make things better. Occasionally your faith can and does help. Doctors have noticed that faith in God or the religion that you grew up with can help in recovery from disease or injury. So, to tell you that faith doesn’t play a positive part in our lives would be a lie.
God does care about each of us, regardless of the rhetoric that you may hear to the contrary. He is the Creator and He knows you better than you know yourself! Put your faith in Him and seek Him out because, even if your life today or tomorrow doesn’t improve, your eternal life will be waiting for you regardless. Here are a few scriptures to show you the way:
1. We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything, accepting our humble position in God’s created order and purpose. Romans 1:20-21
“For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.”
2. We must realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. None of us are worthy under God’s standards. Romans 3:23
“For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.”
3. God gave us the way to be forgiven of our sins. He showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ. Romans 5:8
“But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
4. If we remain sinners, we will die. However, if we repent of our sins, and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will have eternal life. Romans 6:23
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
5. Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you are saved. Romans 10:9-10
“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
6. There are no other religious formulas or rituals. Just call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved! Romans 10:13
“For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
7. Determine in your heart to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today. Romans 11:36